Monday, August 15, 2011

Running in the Rain

This past weekend was the last available weekend that Mr. M has until December (due to all of the college sports that he's covering) so we headed to the mountains for a day of hiking and picnic lunch.


{via}

It was spur of the moment since we decided to get in the car on Saturday morning and head that way which makes me enjoy the day even more. No over planning just going with the flow of the day which I find to be a nice change of pace.  We found a great National State Park that allowed us to access it for free and we enjoyed our sandwiches by a great waterfall.  After lunch, we hit the trails, taking the one that lead to the top of the mountain. For honestly sake - we are not hikers.  We walk but we're not experts by any means. So as we got closer to the top of the mountain and was hit by hail storm, I had to laugh while I was running (literally) down the mountain for cover. We were completely drenched but seriously having the best time and it cost us pennies.

Some could have looked at the storm as a hindrance - something that they felt ruined a perfectly good Saturday. From my point of view, I thought it enhanced it. Yes, we would of climbed to the top of the mountain, enjoyed the scenery and then walked back down but I don't think we'd have such a great story to remember. I guess it's one of those "turn lemons into lemonade" type of moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment