Friday, February 8, 2013

Well, today we received a bomb.

The last few weeks, I’ve been quiet on this blog as I’m trying to focus on us starting a family and it is not going well…not well at all. After three failed IUIs, we decided to move forward with IVF.  The problem, I thought, would be the cost with is an estimated $8-$10K. We do have 20 percent of that expense saved in the baby bank account so initially we were faced with the problem of how to solve for the rest. Easy – right? We’ve saved for big purchase before but we were also battling the emotions of wanting to go to this next level sooner than waiting. If you’ve wanted something for so long, it’s easy to simply say let’s get a loan.

Our clinic offers a program for couples going through the IVF process that if you have three failed IVFs, they’ll refund a percentage of your money. I applied for that program and found out this morning that we were denied because of my AMH and FSH levels. My emotions are in overdrive right now because we want to be parents but now that we’ve been denied into this program, I’m worried that pursing an IVF would be a waste. I really don’t know what to do…