Thursday, July 29, 2010

And they laughed.



This week I had the most interesting experience when I closed one of our credit cards that had a zero balance. Now I realize for those who live by the FICO score that closing a credit card (no matter how old it is) will hurt your score. Thanks to Suze Orman, I'm up to speed on all of that FICO jargon for the most part.


But here's the thing - we didn't need it. If we're going to be debt free, I don't need temptation lurking around to bring us down.


Which is what I told customer service who preceded to laugh at me and then transfer me to someone in the accounting office who laughed as well. To be honest, I'm sure having a caller that says "Sorry...I don't need credit" is a vast difference from the typical calls they get. And honestly at the end of this get out of debt journey, I'm going to be the one that's laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment