Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Living on Little…Part I

Right now, Mr. M and I live off of a $30 a week budget in groceries. At first, it was $100 a week…amazing how times change when you’re trying to get out of debt.

Don’t assume that we go out instead of eating out – it’s actually the opposite. Thankfully, with the help of the Internet, I have learned how to create freezer meals and “couponing”.

If it wasn’t for those two tools, we would not be able to get out of debt. Period.

Here are the three sites that I go to on a daily basis:


The Frugal Girl

I will say at first, both freezer meals and coupons were over-freakin-whelming. So it took a few weeks to get a hang of it all but the return on investment of the time that you spend is worth it.
It’s like exercising - only fools expect to lose 20 pounds in a month. Sticking with your budget takes tenacity which I think everyone has.

No comments:

Post a Comment