Monday, February 14, 2011

V Day

Photo Credit
Mr. M and I are planning on having a Debt Snowball inspired V-Day this year. Gift limit is $30 or less and we're eating dinner in.  When I think back to the hundreds {and hundreds} of dollars I have spend over the last 11 years on this holiday - I get sick to my stomach. A majority of what I spent {aka put on plastic} was out of "love" because I wanted to get him something nice whether it was clothing, something for the office, etc. Don't get the wrong idea - Mr. M rarely asks for anything - I'm just a fool that has always felt like I should spoil him.

Well, not this year...a book {purchased due to a great deal on Groupon} and a $10 gift card at local fast food place is all that I can give and I'm sure that it will be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. My V-day gift to BF is small as well. And tonight, I am cooking him his favorite dinner.

    ReplyDelete