Tuesday, June 26, 2012

House Equity

Having great friends are essential. Having a great friend how is a divorce lawyer is even better considering the situation that my family is in as she can give the best advice with my true interest at heart. One key tip that she gave us was to check out the equity in the home to see if my father had given away that money as well.

Equity in the home? No way. He wouldn’t give away the value of the home in addition to not paying the mortgage.

But he did to the tune of only leaving $10K LEFT in the home. So my parents are beyond being upside down in their home. My sister just emailed me that if they continued to work and paid an extra $280 each month, they might be done paying off the home in 2026. Swell.

1 comment:

  1. This is none of my business, but what does your father have to say for himself? I would be screaming at him until my voice was lost entirely. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete