Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dear Newsweek...and other Magazines

Add caption
I do not own an iPad. I would love to but I cannot afford one while trying to pay off debt and I'm sure I'm not alone.

So it's not a shocker that I was floored last week when Newsweek announced that it would no longer print their magazine but instead their readers could find it on their tablet.  This follows the announcement that Smart Money (a magazine that I loved by the way) was going digital as well.

It worries me that companies assume that a majority of their readers have tablets (iPad or others) or feel that they will purchase one simply to read their magazines. I also feel that I'm being left out simply because I choose not to purchase another piece of technology and it's very frustrating.

That's not to say that one day - when the debt is all paid down - that I won't get iPad or Tablet but it makes me realize how if you can not afford to keep up with technology then you are really behind the eight ball.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you honey. It is one more thing that will separate the classes.

    ReplyDelete