Friday, August 6, 2010

When it rains, it pours

Literally.

This weekend Mr. M and myself are heading to the beach for a family get together {free place to stay with meals - whoo!}with my parents, grandmother, sisters and brother-in-law. In efforts to keep up with our not-eatting-out pledge, I went to the grocery store to pick up some deli meat for sandwiches, crackers and can drinks for us to take on the trip and eat in the car on during the drive. While I was there, I picked up a few packages of meat and extra items so that I could avoid going to the grocery store on Sunday night.Simple right?


Apparently not because while I was in the store a summer storm showed up which I was excited about since the heat index is 114 degrees {no joke}. Well, I should of held my excited because my power went out which I discovered when I got home.


Awesome.


So I threw the meat in the refrigerator and thought, well it should be on in a few hours and tried to figure out what to eat for dinner. Most of our meals were in the refrigerator/freezer, it was now close to 8 pm and I was hungry. In hind sight, I should of steamed up some pasta on the stove and ate that for dinner or dry cereal but I didn't. I went out.


Luckily, I had a coupon for a free sandwich and drink a Chick-fil-A so I went there and splurged on the fries breaking our pledge for a measly $1.50. I still feel guilty about it but really, what could I do?


We did lose the meal in the refrigerator which puts us now over budget in the grocery category. I never realized how intense a power outage can be until last night.


And with that drama behind us, we're heading to the beach. Yeah for a little R&R!

No comments:

Post a Comment