Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Future Appointments


{via}

I called my office’s EAP program today to set up a counseling appointment. Last night I hit an emotional wall as I do agree that y’all are right – I should/need to forgive him but how do I ensure that I don’t continue to enable his behavior. Last year, I created a family contract asking mainly to go to counseling along with a Dave Ramsey class (paid for by Mr. M and myself) and he signed it. Now he’s taking money from my baby sister, up to his eyes in debt from pay day loans and STILL talking to the twit.

Needless to say – I am disappointed as well as embarrassed. I have always thought of my parents as role models as they may not be perfect but they were mine. Now I don’t who these people are which is why I am going the counseling route. My work provides four free sessions and I hope they provide me with some peace.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great alternative, especially if you can get such benefit from work. It is a bit hard when parents arent the role models we think they should be. I would know! Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to counseling is a great idea. It will give you more clarity and help you try to work through your disappointment. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete