Monday, June 13, 2011

Weddings and Singing!

I survived my first wedding training session this past Saturday. The job doesn't appear to be too stressful which I'm glad about since it is part-time. The place that I'm working at is a historic building located at a school and a bride can schedule her wedding and reception there. Most only schedule their receptions but there are a few that do both. The bride next Saturday is scheduled for both which equals a longer day for staff. No complaints here since I look at it as more hours = more money.

Ironically, when I got in my car on Saturday the song "It's A Great Day To Be Alive" by Travis Tritt was playing. I love it simply for it's chorus:

"And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?"


It's true - there has been some hard times {um...some really hard times} but overall it is a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment