Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today I Feel...

Photo Credit
Today, I saw this at Modern Tightwad and thought it was creative.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my tuition bill. ($640)
I'm currently working on my Masters at a local University and paying tuition all in cash. Right now, I can only afford to take one class a semester which means that I'll be in school forever but I'm okay with that aspect.  At least I won't have a massive student loan.

2. Today I feel hopeful towards money.
I see the end of our debt snowball in sight. Even though it is a few months away...I know that we'll make it.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was to teach myself how to knit.
It is baby season among my friends and while all those children are blessings, their shower gifts are costly.  My goal is to learn how to knit blankets and baby booties so I can give those as gifts and save money. The benefit of this project is that I'm learning a technique that is useful and one I can do for years to come.

4. I will consider this week a success if I can work on planning my meals for the next month more effectively.
We save the most money when we don't eat out and use coupons. While that is a simple phrase, it is sometimes hard in practice. I get paid on Friday thus beginning the process again which means more meal planning for me. This is a part of the debt reduction plan that I am still trying to improve.

5. My first job was working at McDonald's.
I lasted only three months as I found another job with better hours that paid more. This job taught me to be humble and to be kind to any fast food worker that I come across.  It really is a thankless job.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mrs. M! But I can't take credit for it. My Pretty Pennies has apparently been doing this for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete