Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Urologist


{via}

I’m on the roller coaster of life this week. Today was our meeting with the urologist to go over the Mr. M’s test results that we received last week. Apparently the medication (that is not covered by insurance mind you) made our situation worse.

Awesome…just awesome.

The next steps are surgery for Mr. M or straight to ICSI for me. Neither is considered fun but the cost for the surgery is a little under $600 or so compared to the $12,000 - $15,000 for ICSI.

Guess which one I vote for?

And I feel guilty in doing so but if the surgery fixes the problem then we could continue building our family after our first child versus going through the ICSI procedure each time. However, I can’t force Mr. M to due the surgery as it is his body and not mine.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch... I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks a lot that the medication made it worse. I wonder if they could've prevented that. I am glad that you're giving him the space and say as to the surgery and not pushing him. Hopefully it works out for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete